Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Goodell Pratt bench lathe, Part 3 of restoration project

The GP is painted and back together. The bare metal is waxed only, not shined and polished, something that may or may not be done. The vermilion/paprika color defies my phone camera so these pics are not exactly the right shade.

I have more plans for this lathe which I will cover in a future blog. It won't be restoration exactly, more reproduction work. Also considering a video of taking this apart and showing the inner workings, not much to show but might be interesting to a few. Let me know if you would like to see that in a video. Might be a couple weeks before another update as I have finished painting another machine and need to reassemble it.




Best representative of the vermilion color.





No comments:

Post a Comment