Here is how I started the week.
This is where I’m at.
I’m open to suggestions.
|Neck and headstock are mahogany laminated with ebony. The bone nut in this photo had to be replaced because it didn't allow for spacing the strings. A little heat and the super glue gave way, replacing it took less time than filing string slots in the new nut.|
|The Bering box is quite plain and I may go back and decorate it. You can see the heel cap made from American holly and a thin layer of walnut. The copper fret markers are hard to see.|
|Nicholson's plumb level|
|Plumb level in Thomas Martin’s The Circle of Mechanical Arts, 1813.|
|Moxon’s carpenter and bricklayer level|
|The bearing I used.|